When you’re standing in the shower and the water isn’t going down the drain it can be, let’s face it, pretty gross. That’s dirty water, after all. With that being said, it could be a very simple problem that you can solve yourself!
When this happens, what do you need to figure out? In a nutshell:
- What caused the clog?
- Do you have the DIY tools on hand to solve the problem?
- What can you do to have this not happen again?
There are two types of lines in your home: the main line and secondary (or branch) lines. If the issue is with your main line, it is doubtful you will have what is needed to solve the problem. If, however, it is a secondary line, you may be able to solve the issue yourself!
For main lines, the following issues typically exist:
- Water is backing up in multiple drains in your home (and possibly your yard)
- You can hear your drains making a bubbling or gurgling noise as water goes down the drain
- Multiple drains draining slowly at once
- Sewer-like odor emanating from your drains
If the clog is in a secondary line (typically closer to the drain), you can use a handheld auger to (we recommend purchasing one that is 50’). Please make sure to wear all appropriate personal protective equipment (gloves, safety glasses, etc.).
If you’re still unable to get it cleared, Irock Plumbing is your drain expert! We will come to your home, get it cleared and then prove we did so by putting a camera down the line. Call Irock Plumbing at 585-571-7399.